The 'D.E.W.' in Tullamore D.E.W. comes from the initials of a General Manager at the Tullamore distillery in the later 19th Century, named Daniel E. Williams.
- Nose ~ Fruity and biscuity. There are gristy notes with caramel and toffee sweetness and plenty of peels
- Palate ~ Good body with notes of sherried peels and spice, granary toast with butter and honey, grains and vanilla cream
- Finish ~ Quite vegetal and long with notes of caramel and toffee
- Gold ~ Irish Single Malt - Standard - 2017 ~ The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver ~ Irish Blended - Premium - 2014 ~ The Irish Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver ~ Blended Irish Whiskey - 2013 ~ San Francisco World Spirits Competition