First revealed towards the end of 2014, the Founder's Reserve is now available in the UK and will be replacing The Glenlivet 12 year old in many of the mature markets despite initial indications that it would sit beside it, broadening the entry-level options. Named in tribute to distillery founder George Smith, it's packaged in Georgian blue.
- Nose ~ Some dates then what at first appears to be a touch of salinity, but is better described as a slightly sharp plum and apricot wine note. There's orange zest, toffee, hints of struck match and chocolate raisins, but before this starts to sound 'Sherried' there's also pear drops, a dusting of sweet cinnamon, honeysuckle and sweet pea
- Palate ~ Fruity, then sweet, more toffee, a touch of anise, then into milk chocolate Flakes, banoffee pie and apple turnovers
- Finish ~ Creamy toffee to the fore now, a little oak and sweet barley sugar warmth too. Milk chocolate raisins linger
- Gold ~ Scotch Single Malt - Speyside - 2019 ~ International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Silver ~ Distillers Single Malts - Speyside - No Age - 2018 ~ International Spirits Challenge
- Gold ~ Speyside No Age Statement - 2015 ~ The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)