A 15 year-old expression of Singleton of Dufftown, Diageo's easy-drinking Speysider. This is a mix of European and American oak casks, producing a smooth, sweet, approachable style and a spicy, drying finish.
- Aroma ~ Slightly spicy nose, toffee apples, ripe autumn fruits combined with red berry sharpness. Some golden syrup sweetness and an interesting yeasty note. Adding water brings up sweet chestnut and a whiff of smoke
- Palate ~ Sweet then slowly drying. Fresh fruit with spicy top notes. Rich on the palate with that nuttiness and vanilla, dried fruits and the yeast from the nose has become more biscuit like
- Finish ~ Dry departure. Pears and whole grain biscuits, then delicately spiced with notes of cinnamon and a breath of anise seed
- Gold ~ Speyside Single Malts 13 - 18yo - 2015 ~ The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Outstanding ~ Scotch Single Malt - Speyside - 2014 ~ International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Master ~ Speyside Single Malts 13 - 18yo - 2014 ~ The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)