A complex Japanese gin with refreshing yuzu citrus top notes and a spicy shansho pepper twist. Roku means 'six' in Japanese and refers to the six local, seasonal botanicals which complement eight traditional gin botanicals (juniper berries, coriander, lemon peel, etc) and give this spirit a distinctly Japanese character.
The Japanese botanicals are: sakura flower (cherry blossom), sakura leaf, sencha tea, gyokuro tea, sansho pepper and yuzu peel.
- Nose ~ Cherry blossom and green tea provide a floral and sweet aroma
- Taste ~ Complex, multi-layered, yet harmonious flavour of various botanicals. Traditional gin taste in the base, plus characteristic Japanese botanical notes with yuzu as the top note. Smooth and silky texture
- Finish ~ The crisp Japanese sansho pepper brings a little spiciness to the finish
- Silver ~ Gin - 2019 ~ San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Silver ~ Super Premium Gin - 2019 ~ International Spirits Challenge
- Silver ~ Distilled Super Premium Gin - 2018 ~ International Spirits
What Goes Well with Roku Gin?
- Try serving this in a gin and tonic with a ginger garnish, which accentuates the citrus notes.
Good pricing, friendly staff