An unusual gin from the Black Forest in Germany, Monkey 47 contains a unique ingredient. No, not that! Lingonberries! The 47 comes from the number of botanicals that go into this unique gin, and the fact it's bottled at a healthy 47%. It seems that the botanicals speak for themselves, as the gin has received bucketfuls of critical acclaim. Some say less is more, not for Monkey 47!
- Nose ~ Oh there is a lot going on here... woody, vegetable smells under pin fresh grassy citrus notes and botanical sweetness, like a pine forest after the rain
- Palate ~ Predictably complex, this is a robust and powerful gin with plenty of spice, fruit and herb flavours. It's very well structured, and difficult to unpick but a citrus fresh start segues into pine and wood notes for a drying finish
- Finish ~ Wooded and reassuringly heavy
- Overall ~ A unique gin, that is crying out to be made into a Martini. It'll need an equally robust vermouth though
What Goes Well with Monkey 47 Dry Gin?
- Mixes well with Soda or tonic.