The Islay representative in the 'Classic Malts' series is a deep, dry and exceptionally peaty bruiser. Probably the most pungent of all Islay malts, Lagavulin is not for the faint-hearted but inspires fanatical devotion in its many followers.
- Nose ~ More like Lapsang Souchong tea than Lapsang Souchong! One of the smokiest noses from Islay. It's big, very, very concentrated, and redolent of iodine, sweet spices, good, mature Sherry and creamy vanilla. Stunning
- Palate ~ Very thick and rich. A massive mouthful of malt and Sherry with good fruity sweetness, but also a wonderful sweetness. Big, powerful peat and oak
- Finish ~ Long, spicy finish, figs, dates, peat smoke, vanilla
- Gold ~ Islay Single Malt 13 to 20 Years - 2016 ~ World Whiskies Awards
- 1st Place ~ Best Single Malt Scotch 13 - 17 Years - 2015 ~ International Whisky
- Master ~ Islay 13 - 18 years old - 2014 ~ The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)