The Original is the flagship single malt Scotch whisky from the Glemorangie Distillery in the Highlands. Matured in a combination of first-and-second-fill American white oak casks for 10 years, the expression is a benchmark for creamy, approachable single malt. A long-running go-to dram for many whisky enthusiasts (including a few here at MoM Towers), this stuff is superb as an aepritif, though more than suitable for enjoying on a cooler evening.
- Nose ~ Very fruity and thick. Rich notes of lemon, nectarine and apple. Spices
- Palate ~ Fresh and balanced, vanilla. Boiled sweets, very creamy, tiramisu, toffee
- Finish ~ Quite long, gentle, malty and very fruity
- Silver ~ Distillers' Single Malts 12 years and under - 2019 ~ International Spirits Challenge
- Gold ~ Scotch Single Malt - Highland - 2017 ~ International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Master ~ Highlands & Islands up to 12yo - 2013 ~ The Scotch Whisky Masters (The Spirits Business)