A Lowland single malt matured in 3 different casks, namely: Pedro Ximénez Sherry casks, bourbon casks and Oloroso Sherry casks. A distinctive triple distilled whisky from Auchentoshan.
- Nose ~ Cooked fruit, sherry, toffee, a rum-like quality and notes of Bas Armagnac distilled circa 1940.
- Palate ~ Rich. Liqueur cherries in dark chocolate, more sherried fruit, ripe dark forest fruits, like a Black Forest Gateaux.
- Finish ~ Superb, led by thick dark treacle and toffee notes and chewy wooded notes, balanced with a green fruit edge.
- Gold ~ Scotch Whisky - Single Malt - NAS - 2018 ~ The Asian Spirits Masters (The Spirits Business)
- Silver Outstanding ~ Scotch Single Malt - Lowland - 2017 ~ International Wine & Spirit Competition
- Silver ~ Scotch Single Malt - Lowland - 2014 ~ International Wine & Spirit Competition
What Goes Well with Auchentoshan Three Wood?
- It can be mixed with water or soda and the food pairing would be meat.